The holiday season is well and truly upon us and with the year we've had, many of us are embracing the seasonal escapism with open arms. Despite hearing numerous accounts of being told that this year Christmas may feel a little different, there are many ways to enjoy the festive season in its full glory. One of those includes food and drink, oh how glad we are for a delicious turkey roast or a warm cup of coffee with festive spice this year!
For those of you who love to try their hand at a little recipe DIY, we've created a super simple, homemade festive blend for you to try at home. Whether this is enjoyed with the family on Christmas day, or wrapped up with a bow for someone as a gift, this delicious tasting coffee idea is perfect for a whole host of reasons.
The flavor is subtle with just a little something special added to your cup. But it's enough to get you feeling that little Christmas tingle:
- 500g dark roasted ground coffee (our Espresso blend or Cafe Crema blends work perfectly for this!)
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 80 whole allspice berries
- 40 whole cloves
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- Pour the ground coffee into a large jar or container that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Into a mortar, break up the cinnamon sticks a bit using your fingers. Add the remaining ingredients and then use a pestle to gently crush everything up. You want the cinnamon sticks to still be in chunky pieces and most of the other spices to be less-than-whole but not powdery
- Add the crushed up spices to the coffee in the jar. Put the lid on and shake it all up.
- Store in an airtight container and use as you would any other ground coffee (V60, French Press, Filter Coffee etc... ).
Don't forget to tag us in your creations! @prestocoffeeroasters